Wednesday 7 January 2015

Living in the Here and Now

I like to imagine how things would play out if I had made different choices. 

It's almost like a game. I guess at what would have happened, and whether whatever events transpire would be good, or bad.

Unfortunately, unlike a Bioware-esque RPG, we cannot go back and explore our "branching paths." We can't save our progress just before, and reset if it all goes ugly. We make our decisions and all we can do is wonder what might have been. 

"If I hadn't met you"
"If I had said no"
"If I had more strength"
"If I hadn't taken that job"
"If I had stayed friends with you"

And sure, doing that doesn't come without its fair share of regret, but the important thing is, now you're here- and you've got to make the best of what you've got. 

The past is in the past, and those you left there are left for a reason. Do not dwell there yourself, because the here and now is all that you can change. 

Here and now is all that is worth changing. Be that change.

No comments:

Post a Comment