Monday 13 April 2015

Everything a guitarist could want?

Recently I've been doing a lot musically.

I've gotten an 8 string guitar, which has opened up new worlds for me in sound. I've been exploring it in a new prog metal band. I've also been doing acoustic material with a female singer. Up until this point it's been covers, but we are now putting together original material.

So surely, I couldn't possibly need any more guitars? Surely I have everything I need?

Well, yes. At the moment I have everything I need to be fully creative in the projects I'm working on. However- I have a guitar hit-list of sorts that still has a couple of things on it. 

Many readers won't understand this. I know, I can only play one guitar at a time.  That much is true, but guitars all have different voices. 

Sure, you COULD play blues on my 8 string. However, it would probably never sound as good as it would on a hollow body. You could play metal on a road worn telecaster, but you won't get the sound or feel you'd get from guitars built with that in mind.

Here are a few of the guitars I wish to own in the future:-

A double neck- possibly the BC Rich Bich one.
Image result for bc rich double neck

A hollow body- probably the Hagström Viking Baritone
Image result for hagstrom viking baritone

A Harp guitar
Image result for harp guitar

An Ibanez Universe
Image result for ibanez universe

A Gibson Flying V
Image result for gibson flying v

Some kind of Single-cut
Image result for esp eclipse

An Ibanez Destroyer
Image result for ibanez destroyer dtt700

An Ibanez Fireman
Image result for ibanez fireman anniversary

Those are some of my more realistic aspirations. There are others, but they go from the sublime to the ridiculous. I also hope to make the jump to Axe-FX or Kemper for sound modelling, as well as numerous effects to expand my pedalboard.

I'll always be chasing that sound in my head- and no single piece of gear has it.

No comments:

Post a Comment